In episode 5, I chatted with Kirsten Oliphant on how she got started with blogging, building her platform, and how surveying her readers helped her spin off an all new blog, geared toward writers, bloggers and creating a platform. We also talked about using video on webinars in trainings for her audience and repurposing these trainings into digital products.
Kirsten has been a long-time blogger who has spread into other mediums like podcasting and webinars, and she uses these outlets to grow a platform for her business and her profession as a writer.
- Click to listen and Subscribe on iTunes
- Listen and Subscribe on Stitcher
- Listen and Subscribe on Google Play
- Download podcast
- Want to get an email every time a new episode is published? Click here to subscribe that way.
Kirsten and I finished up our great conversation about how her children are somewhat involved and interested in her business and online adventures, and I love how she described being a working-at-home mom saying “my working times fit into the cracks of my life”. This is such an accurate way of describing it! I think most entrepreneurial parents can relate to that and I actually have A LOT of takeaways from my interview with Kirsten (as I mentioned during our conversation I was actually taking notes!). In this episode’s shownotes I put links to Kirsten’s blogs, Facebook group, as well as her podcast, I will publish my takeaways video there as well. You find the shownotes and my takeaways video at vidprostudio.com/episode5, or scoot over to youtube.com/meredithmarsh and find them there.
- KIRSTEN’S BLOG, kirstenoliphant.com: http://bit.ly/2f1uJgR
- KIRSTEN’S WEBSITE, createifwriting.com: http://bit.ly/2f1vPcx
- @kikimojo on Twitter: http://bit.ly/2f1uXEJ
- KIRSTEN’S EBOOK, “Email Lists Made Easy“: http://amzn.to/2eEJH9p *
- KIRSTEN’S “CREATE IF WRITING” FB GROUP: http://createifwriting.com/community
Recap & Takeaways
Be sure to subscribe on YouTube for my Podcast Takeaways Videos, and leave a comment there on your own takeaways!
Shortlink to this page: http://bit.ly/VPshow005
* this post contains affiliate links. See disclosure.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin this post to share it with your followers!